After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Know the graphs and properties of ‘‘famous’’ functions.
- Know and use the properties of exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Understand the relationship between exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Understand the definition of a rational function.
- Understand the properties of trigonometric functions.
- Evaluate expressions and solve equations involving trigonometric functions and inverse trigonometric functions.