After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Given a velocity function, calculate displacement and distance traveled.
- Given a velocity function, find the position function.
- Given an acceleration function, find the velocity function.
- Understand the difference between displacement and distance traveled.
- Understand the relationship between position, velocity and acceleration.
- Calculate the change in the amount.
- Compute the average value of the function on an interval.
- Understand that the average value of the function on an interval is attained by the function on that interval.