After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Describe the goals of optimization problems generally.
- Find all local maximums and minimums using the First and Second Derivative tests.
- Identify when we can find an absolute maximum or minimum on an open interval.
- Contrast optimization on open and closed intervals.
- Describe the objective function and constraints in a given optimization problem.
- Solve optimization problems by finding the appropriate extreme values.