After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Consider function values nearer and nearer to a given input value.
- Understand the concept of a limit.
- Limits as understanding local behavior of functions.
- Calculate limits from a graph (or state that the limit does not exist).
- Understand possible issues when estimating limits using nearby values.
- Define a one-sided limit.
- Explain the relationship between one-sided and two-sided limits.
- Distinguish between limit values and function values.
- Identify when a limit does not exist.