Below are the main points that will be addressed in the videos. Please read these and think about them as you watch.
- Speed is a quantification of motion.
- An object’s speed is NOT an addition of “instantaneous speeds” at different moments divided by how many speeds you have.
- The average speed of an object in motion is always with reference to some interval of time.
- Average rate of change is a way of characterizing the variation of input and output quantities of a non-linear function. It is a tool for describing the relationship between covarying quantities.
- The average rate of change of a function from to is the constant rate of change of a linear function that has the same change in output values as the function over the interval .