Here are the main points that will be addressed in the videos. Please read these and think about them as you watch.
- Riemann Sums are tools for calculating the accumulation of a function over an interval.
- To construct a Riemann sum:
- Treat each interval as having a constant rate of accumulation
- The accumulation for each interval is the constant rate x change in e.g. position
- Add up amounts from each interval to approximate total accumulation
- You could use the rate at the beginning OR end of each interval
- Sigma notation allows us to represent the sum