Here are the main points that will be addressed in the videos. Please read these and think about them as you watch.
- Functions that “look” continuous on a graph may not actually be continuous.
- A function is continuous at if . Implicit in this definition are three conditions
for continuity of at :
- the function is defined at ,
- the limit of as exists, and
- the limit and function values are equal.
- When a function is NOT continuous at , then at least one of the three conditions above are not satisfied.