Here are the main points that will be addressed in the videos. Please read these and think about them as you watch.
- The derivative of a constant function is zero because constant functions have a rate of change of zero at all input values in their domain.
- The power rule says where is a variable and is a number.
- A derivative of a sum of monomials is the sum of the derivatives.
- The formula for differentiating an exponential function is .
- The formula for differentiating a logarithmic function is , where is a number and is a variable.
- The following formulas express the derivatives of sine and cosine